INCLUDES VIRTUAL DVD!
The Definitive Guide to Succeeding
in Your Cloud Application Business, 2nd Edition
Only $49.99, includes the SaaS Entrepreneur Virtual DVD
Obtain a free copy of SaaS Entrepreneur, 2nd Edition when you enroll for SaaS University Online. Find out more about enrollment now.
Publisher: Aegis Resources,
Release date: January 2015
Sold by: Softletter
Format: PDF (SaaS Entrepreneur is no longer available in print)
Estimated Length: 400+ pages
Rick’s book is a must. There has been a need for a resource like this for quite a while, so I am very pleased to see SaaS Entrepreneur brought to the market. What makes this book different from so many others is that it combines extensive and fresh statistical data on the current SaaS market combined with well written, practical text. I would highly recommend this book to anybody that is considering entering the SaaS market and for the firms who need to improve their business operations and processes. The included Virtual DVD includes a huge amount of valuable material for anybody working in the SaaS domain.
Dr. Petri I. Salonen, CEO
TELLUS International, Inc
We received your book. Wow! I showed it to our marketing person and he has not given it back! Love it.
Siamak Farah, CEO
SaaS Entrepreneur: The Deﬁnitive Guide to Succeeding in Your Cloud Application Business is the most comprehensive guide you will ﬁnd to understanding and succeeding in building SaaS (Software as a Service) businesses and services. Its case studies, operations analyses and timely data provide critical insights and information that will help you build and grow a successful new SaaS business. Its focus is on those areas of community and product management, sales, marketing, compensation, customer service, and operations and infrastructure where SaaS B2B companies sharply diverge from their on-premise counterparts.
What is in SaaS Entrepreneur?
SaaS Entrepreneur is divided into the following chapters:
- Special Foreword: An Interview with Zach Nelson, CEO of NetSuite
- SaaS and the Power of Communities (and the Death of Traditional Software Product Management)
- Marketing, Selling and Pricing Your SaaS System
- Sales Organization and Compensation in SaaS
- SaaS Business Metrics
- Operations and Infrastructure in SaaS
- Development and SaaS
- Customer Service and SaaS
- Professional Services in SaaS
- Legal Issues, SLAs, Taxes and VAT in SaaS
- International Markets and SaaS
Appendix A: The SaaS Entrepreneur Checklists
Appendix B: Glossary of Terms
Appendix C: The SaaS Resources Directory
Appendix D: Further Important Reading for SaaS Companies
Each chapter contains detailed descriptions of the speciﬁc operational issues and challenges you may face, as well as appropriate and helpful case studies, all of which are based on actual events and challenges faced by SaaS companies and are reinforced by over 200 tables, charts, and figures. We would like to take a moment to personally thank the company executives and staff personnel who participated in our research and provided us their valuable industry insights.
Whats New in the Second Edition of SaaS Entrepreneur?
- New case studies have been added.
- The comprehensive checklists have been updated.
- The extensive charts and tables have been updated. Most numbers in the book have been taken from the Softletter 2015 SaaS Report.
- New information on the latest trends in SaaS, including the portable workspace and transparent cloud, have been added.
- New information on designing adaptive interfaces for mobile applications for SaaS systems has
- The impact of Generation Z on SaaS communities, and much more has been added to SaaS Entrepreneur.
The SaaS Entrepreneur 2nd Edition Checklists
SaaS Entrepreneur’s narratives and case studies are backed up by more than 650 Goals and Success checklists contained on The SaaS Entrepreneur Virtual DVD. These checklists are in Excel files and are color coded, indented, and commented for easy organization and use. They are not locked in any way and can be extended to fit your particular market and business challenges.
The checklists are divided into two types: goals and success. The goals lists outline the results you need to achieve to succeed. The success checklists outline in detail the different steps you must take to reach their goals.
Both types of checklists are broken into 10 sections that mirror the structure of SaaS Entrepreneur. There are over 650 separate items in the checklists, providing you with a framework for action and measurement. Combined with the book's extensive case studies, narratives, and hard data, SaaS Entrepreneur is a comprehensive system that guides you to business success.
Analytics and Community Management Success Checklist
The SaaS Entrepreneur 2nd EditionVirtual DVD
Included with each copy of SaaS Entrepreneur: The Definitive Guide to Succeeding in Your Cloud Application Business is a virtual DVD available as a downloadable zip ﬁle.
The SaaS Entrepreneur 2nd Edition Virtual DVD contains:
- Updated extensive goal and execution checklists.
- Sample presentations and research from case study participants.
- Several spreadsheets dealing with sales compensation, calculating key SaaS business metrics, setting up sample budgets for your company and more.
- Various document and templates that provide you assistance in creating business plans, positioning your product, creating customer ‘success’ surveys and more.
SaaS Business Metrics Spreadsheet from the Virtual DVD
About SaaS Entrepreneur’s Charts and Tables
SaaS Entrepreneur is packed with extensive and up-to-date data on current SaaS business operations, costs and best practices. Unless otherwise noted, the charts, tables and numbers in the book have been excerpted and derived from from Softletter’s extensive series of SaaS surveys and reports, including The Softletter SaaS Report .
Since 2006, Softletter has led the industry in digging into all aspects of the SaaS business model and the growth of Cloud-based infrastructure technologies that support on-line applications. Reports and surveys of interest to SaaS companies include The Softletter SaaS Report (now in its 8th year of publication), The Softletter Lead Generation, Management and Conversion to Sales Report, The Softletter SaaS Escrow and Fallover Report, and The Softletter SaaS Marketing Report.
Use of Freemium Programs by SaaS Companies, Source 2015 SaaS Survey